Department of Children, Youth and Families Website.
You don't need to have bad days alone.
OF FAMILY CARE COMMUNITY PARTNERSHIPS (FCCP) IS HERE TO HELP!
Please click the links below to see how three families benefited from our community programs.
Rhode Island's Department of Children, Youth & Families recently held a public summit on its strategy to procure a comprehensive array of services that improves long term outcomes for children and families. View the information and material from the summit.
* Justification letter for Emergency Revision of Foster Care and Adoption Regulation
* The Department of Children, Youth and Families has an approved Title IV-B Child Family Services Plan for the next four years. Please click the link to view the CFSP for 2015-2019.
* There have been many accomplishments during these past few years that have made a difference in the lives of our children and families. Please click the link to view these accomplishments.
* To obtain information on the Child Care Program Variance Process, please access the Publications page from the link on the righthand side bar. The information is located under the Child Care Regulations category.
* The Department of Children, Youth and Families has been working with
for Health Care Strategies on
Improving the Use of Psychotropic Medication among Children and Youth in
Foster Care: A Quality Improvement Collaborative. The focus of the collaborative
is to ensure the appropriate use of psychotropic medication for children
in foster care.
One of the state goals for this initiative is to implement a psychotropic medication consent process that utilizes medical expertise from a consulting child and adolescent psychiatrist. To achieve this goal, the department has established a psychotropic medication review plan. The plan requires a department administrator to review and approve the use of these medications. Providers/Clinicians are required to submit a Request for Administrator Authorization form to obtain approval for youth who are in the guardianship of the department.